The Field - A Beginning

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Weed or paddock, paddock or weed

The field gives me plenty to worry about and how I do like a good worry :-) At the moment I am worrying about the amount of weed that is taking hold in the paddock.  I had thought growing a new paddock for horses and sheep was easy, you just drill the seed and let it grow.  However, as it was starting from soil, the weed has had as much chance of growing as the paddock, and indeed it is.  One area is mainly weed - and its a funny looking weed, to my "untrained though have read a book on it" eye - it looks like a dock but with a thistly stem. Hmmm.

Anyway, I called the farmer who we rent to land to and she offered to send round her agronomist, who is visiting the field this week to look at their wheat crop.  Sounds like we may need it spraying.  After the worry I think I'll take any chemical spray offered and think about being more organic a few years down the line!

I hope no one thinks I've turned into a bore.. . . . . . . .

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment