The Field - A Beginning

Thursday 16 February 2012

Plans Submitted

Thank you so much to everyone in and around Furneux Pelham who answered our questionnaire, we appreciate it.
I really hope the council let us do this, it would be so amazing if they did. They will get back to us within 15 days...........

I went with the kids to Wimpole Hall Farm today: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wimpole

it is great going to these places with a view to seeing how they set up their farmyards and how they keep their pigs and sheep.  At Wimpole (an eighteenth century manor house) they have a fabulous thatched bard (or two!) in which to house their animals.  Obviously we will never have such luxury, but the pig enclosures were interesting and I chatted to the woman who was working there looking after the pigs. I asked if they sold weaners - but they don't.  Mind you, Russell isn't too keen on keeping pigs anyway.

I have ordered some meat chicken eggs from "Little Hens" - run by Luke's friend Toby Braid's mum Carrie.  www.littlechickens.org.uk

They should hatch a week on Friday.  Carrie has also offered to get me some turkey eggs next time she is at the auction.  Looks like the meat chicken and Christmas turkey business is getting off the ground. I've already had 4 orders for Christmas turkeys!

I'll post more about meat chickens next week - oh the thrills ;-)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment