The Field - A Beginning

Monday 27 February 2012

Riding and more riding

This is Drummer, a horse I  ride for a lady over in Wydial.  I have booked onto my next lot of BHS exams; the Riding & Road safety in April and the Stage 2 Riding & Stable management in June. I have also started looking at adverts for ponies for the kids, I've seen a gorgeous show pony for Luke (at a mere £2,500!) and a perfect little 11.2 hh lead rein pony for Claudia (at a more reasonably priced £650). I must "hold my horses" though as we can't graze ponies or horses on the paddock until the summer really.  Plus I'm not really sure we should, or can, pay over £1000 for ponies for the kids at this stage. It may take a while to find suitable ponies, that are safe but yet also nice for the kids to ride.

I also ride my friend Laura's horse, the Diplomat - although as he is an old gent this is really more of a plod than a ride :-)
I am still having a lecture and then an advanced riding lesson at Hallingbury Hall each Wednesday - they have some amazing Dutch bred dressage horses.  I have a little dream that I buy a dressage horse from Sally Hardwick & qualify for the regionals next Feb on it.. . . . . then I remember I have 3 young kids and that sort of thing will have to wait. It does feel now like I haven't stopped riding, which is great. It used to be such a  huge part of my life and then for over 10 years I must have only ridden a handful of times but I am now well and truly back in the saddle!

xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment