The Field - A Beginning

Friday 11 May 2012

Writing?


I read about a little idea that I think is so nice I'm going to share it on here (even though its not strictly linked to the farm). I love the idea of writing with ink pens, on lovely, thick creamy paper, writing letters to loved ones and sealing them with a wax seal. I plan to write individual letters to my threee kids, just telling them my thoughts and feelings about their childhood and telling them how much I love them and how we are trying to build a lovely life for them with the land and everything. They will be sealed and then kept somewhere safe, so that the kids can open them when they are grown up.


Got a bit gloomy this week, the rain has meant no progress on the field, the pony I found for Luke failed the vet check (actually, the vet didn't manage to get anywhere near the pony, it turns out the pony doesn't like vets and went completeley mental kicking, biting when the vet tried to examine her) and I have fretted and worried and worried and fretted that the insurance for the riding school is going to be over £7k per anum.  However, the week has ended on a much brighter feel, the sun has come out, I am now looking at ponies for Luke that I can also ride and, and the insurance quote came through for just under £2k! Thankfully, otherwsie all hope of profit would have been gone in an instant.  I still plan to apply for lottery funding though.  When, when though, I haven't even manged to contact the architects yet for quotes for the technical drawings for the stables.


xx
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment