The Field - A Beginning

Sunday 1 April 2012

1 April

I have bought our first pony! He is an 18 year old, 11.2 welsh section c, grey gelding called Thistle.  He currently lives at Whitebarns Farm in Furneux Pelham but will move down to us as soon as we are ready.  I just need to have the grass cut, more fencing put up, get a friend for him and a field shelter. I am far more excited than the kids, a bit over excited to t ell you the truth.  Lets just hope the kids actually like riding :-)

Tomorrow I am off to Colchester Garrison Saddle Club for my Riding and Road Safety training, the test is there on the 16 April.

Other news - the chicks are doing fine and in a week or two will be ready to move out of the "baby" home with the heat lamp.  Russell is still spending every waking moment he is free on the Quail house - I will post a picture of it once it is finished, it is an architectural masterpiece (and is taking as long as one!) but it does look good. The veg (onions, cucumber, sweetcorn and chillies) and coming along in the garage, I need to get on with sorting out some veg patches for them to go in on the field.

One thing that is being neglected is my on line course in Agriculture.  To complete my next assignment I will try to do one question a night after the kids are in bed. It will be a bit slower over the next couple of weeks as it is Easter holidays and so the kids are out and about doing things and keeping me more busy than when they are in school. They are loving the field in the warm weather and just run and run and run out there.

Hope everyone is enjoying the spring and the hope and sunny spirits it brings x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment