The Field - A Beginning

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Research

Today I took the kids to Jimmy's Farm in Suffolk. I remember watching Jimmy's tv series and so thought seeing his farm would give me some inspiration, particularly as I am thinking about keeping pigs.  He has rare breed saddle backs. I have to say, both the piglets and the mum saddle backs looked great and the plan is to buy some weaners to arrive next Spring.

The issue with pigs is of course whether I will be able to send them to the abattoir when the time comes, or whether I will have become too attached to them.  If I hate it then I won't keep pigs again and may even turn vegetarian (!).

I thought Jimmy's Farm was great, such a good set up and a wonderful day out.  Certainly inspiring. I will e-mail the Farm and ask whether I can but some of their weaners. They also run pig keeping courses, which I will book a place on asap. Plus we saw Jimmy in the flesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment