The Field - A Beginning

Tuesday 25 October 2011

October Progress: Fencing & Bridging

It is getting towards the end of October and we have 5 acres of paddock drilled with horse seed paddock.  We have rented the remaining 23 acres out to the farmer for the next 12 months. We are having a bridge built from our garden, over the brook, onto the field and the fencing guy will start fencing around the 5 acres and making 3 paddocks within the 5 acres in early November.

 Progress!

I need to start & finish the business plan and planning applications for the horse riding / livery business whilst I have my nanny 2 days a week.  I also need to get everything ready for the pigs and decide what veg I am going to grow in year 1. Oh and go on various courses in pig keeping and soil management etc as I know nothing yet about any of that.

Its amazing how many people I know have told me they have all sorts of agricultural / animal husbandry qualifications that they got before I knew them.  You know who you are and I may be calling you soon :-)

Also, it feels very self centred to be writing this blog, I wonder if other bloggers blogging about themselves feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment