The Field - A Beginning

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Ooo I do love making lists. This morning I have made, yet another, long list of all the things I would like to do / could possibly do on the field. Obviously the first part of the list concerns all things equine - fencing, cross country courses, sorting the office out with shelves for hats etc but then the list moves on to a section for the farm ..... now this is exciting - what about pick your own strawberries for summer 2015? How about a petting corner sort of thing, with pigs and rabbits and quails and ducks and goats? All in pens and paddocks around a lovely twisting footpath for people to walk along and stop and feed the animals as they go? We could put up owl nesting boxes, create habitats for hedgehogs and develop a nature trail? What about a birds of prey centre? You see.. the possibilities are endless.

I have at least ticked one thing off my list today and that was to arrange the October half term riding school activities - and these are now on the Facebook page.  I will print copies out to give to regular riders and I might have one laminated and put up in the office.  I have recently discovered that Leanne, the yard manager, has a laminator at her house! How cool is that? I am making a list of all the documents it would be very useful to have laminated and put up in the office.

Whilst Autumn is beautiful, and the shift in routine for the animals is refreshing and new, it does mean shorter days and so unfortunately once the clocks go back we will no longer be able to have our Thursday and Friday evening lessons. We will have to squeeze you into the weekend timetable instead.  I have got out my woolly socks and gillets, and the hunt is on the all the millions of gloves I bought last winter for the kids to wear whilst riding. At least no one minds wearing a body protector now its cooler .........

xx

1 comment:

  1. You should have said I have a laminater, in fact I love anything officey so if you want posters and checklists I don't mind helping out there! lol

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete